Friday 8 May 2015

Kruidvat Professional Makeup Brush Cleanser


Hi,

Today it's Maia's birthday, so happy birthday Maia! :)

Today I'm reviewing Kuidvat's Professional Makeup Brush Cleanser. If you didn't know it yet, I bought some brushes of Real Techniques last year and I obviously want to take the best care of them. And not only to keep my brushes in a good condition, but also to keep it all hygienic. It's very important to clean your brushes at least once a week (if you use them daily of course).

But the problem is that I couldn't find any brush cleansers here in Belgium. The only one I could find was this one of Kruidvat itself. If you didn't know it yet: Kruidvat is a Dutch drugstore. This makeup brush cleanser was very cheap. It cost me only € 2,95 and it's quite a large bottle.

But I don't like this product at all! You need to apply a little bit on a dry tissue, to than clean your brush with the tissue. But as you can see on this picture, you can't get your whole brush clean. Well, at least not with foundation, with powders it works better. The smell of this product is horrible. It kind of smells like nailpolish remover and it has the same effect because after using this your whole room will smell like it and you will be left with a headache. On the bottle it also says you shouldn't wash the product out with water afterwards, so this smell stays in your brushes. This is also a very chemical product so the fact that you don't wash it out and later on you touch your face with it kind of scares me.


So I'm hoping that I can find another brush cleanser that I do like or I might buy something online, because I can't keep using this one!

xoxo
Femke

No comments:

Post a Comment