Friday 13 February 2015

MaxFactor Pan Stick

 Hi,

I always have dark circles under my eyes, so the makeup item that's most necessary for me is a concealer. I've been trying a few different ones out lately, like Pan Stik from Max Factor. The Pan Stick is used as both a concealer and foundation, but I only use it as a concealer, because it's rather thick and sticky for a foundation.

First of all I like the packaging a lot. It's not that special or cute, but I think it looks very chic. The wind-up is also a very efficient and it's easy to apply.



For the rest I wasn't very impressed by it actually. This is mainly because it wasn't exactly the right color for me. It's not as dark as it looks on the picture by the way, but still it wasn't perfect for me and this is something really neccessery for a concealer. My skin is rather fair and this is the one for a fair skin, but it's still a huge difference with my own skin.
It covers pretty good, but when the color isn't okay this doesn't really help. I bet it's a good concealer for people with a rather tanned skin, but I don't recommend it at all for people with a fair skin.

It isn't that expensive, I think something around €7 and it lasts long time, so that's a fair price. As I said before it's too thick for a foundation, but for a concealer it's perfect. It's a bit sticky when you apply too much of it, but because of the dark color a thin layer is enough. It's also kind of moisturizing. It's made for people with a dry skin and it hides the dryer parts of your skin too. It also spreads out pretty well for it's rather heavy texture.

The concealer I usually wear is Time Balm from The Balm and I'm pretty sure no other concealer can surpass that one. It has the perfect color, stays on the whole day and makes all red spots and dark circles almost invisible. The only problem with that one, is that it's rather expensive.

xoxo
Maia



No comments:

Post a Comment