Tuesday 3 February 2015

How To Avoid Split Ends

Petra.

Hi,

One of the things I hate most in life, and I know this sounds very dramatic, is split ends. :p Even if other people don't see it, it annoys me a lot. I want my hair to be as healthy as possible, so I really have to avoid split ends.

The main thing to do is cut your hair often enough. This is something I don't although I know I really should, but it seems like hairdresses just don't understand when you say 'Only the ends please' ;)
The type of hair ties you have can make a lot of difference too. The metal thingy on regular hair ties can cause breakage and so do these smaller elastic ones. And they don't only cause split ends, that also pull out your hair a bit. So try to find something softer that won't hurt your hair. :)
When I buy shampoo and conditioner, I make sure it's always a repairing one against split ends, but this isn't always very helpful. Anyway, check out some of our shampoo and conditioner reviews to make sure you buy ones that do make a difference. Conditioner is really important by the way, make sure you use it every time after you wash your hair.
Washing your hair too much can also cause split ends. We already made a post on why you shouldn't wash your hair every day and the main reason we gave was because it'll make your hair oily, but apparantly it'll also help against split ends.
And last but not least, something we say a lot in our posts, avoid heat on your hair! Curling irons can be replaced by no-heat curls (you'll find a lot of tutorials on that, even already on our blog) and instead of blow drying your hair you should wrap a towel around it. Also never scrub with a towel, just wrap it around and squeeze the water out of it :)

xoxo
Maia

Sources: WeHeartIt, LaurenConrad.com, Sheknows.com

No comments:

Post a Comment