Friday 4 September 2015

In What Order Should You Apply Your Make-Up

Hi,

Yes, the order you apply your make-up on matters too! When you do everything right you will look as natural as possible and your make-up will last much longer. Pretty important I think.. Lucky for us, Weekendknack did an article on what order is the best a while ago.

So first of all they advise you to apply an extra filter to protect you from the sun. For me this is in my daycrème. I only use it in summer, but apparently you should use it every day, no matter wich season! After that you should use a primer. For me this is the Essence Oil Control Make-up Base. Those who read my review on it yet know that I think this isn't the best product, but it's okay. I won't buy it again after I've used this one up though.. After this you can use a foundation. If you ask me the Bourjouis Healthy Mix is the best there is! It gives me a natural, healthy look and covers all imperfections. After this you should use concealer (for me the Time Balm from The Balm). Before I read this article I used to apply my concealer before my foundation. This isn't that good, because you only see what needs extra covering after you apply foundation. Otherwise you might use a too thick layer, which looks very unnatural. After this you should use a finishing powder as a matte finish. This is something I don't have, because my primer is also for a matte look and my foundation is pretty matte too. But anyway, if you use it, remember not to use it instead or before your foundation (which is a common mistake).
After focussing on your skin, you can focus on your eyes. First you use a eyeshadow primer and after that your eye shadow. Then you can finish of with your mascara. The have a better effect I use fibre lash extentions from Catrice between two layers of mascara. After that you can focus on your eyebrows too.
Then you should focus on your lips. Start of with a layer of lip balm and only after that you can use lipstick. Lip sticks are mostly not hydratating, so lip balm is really essential! I like to apply a layer of transparant lip stick or vaseline on my lips after my lipstick. This way it'll last longer and have a cute little shine!
The last thing to do is apply bronzer and blush. By keeping this as the last step you can see where it's most needed.

Hope you won't make any make-up mistakes anymore now!

xoxo
Maia

No comments:

Post a Comment