Tuesday 24 March 2015

How To Make Fine Hair Look Thicker

Hi,

One of the main problems I have with my hair is that it's really flat and fine. I mainly solve the problem by trying out no heat curls on my hair, in which I find the Bantu Knot Curls (from Cute Girls Hairstyles on Youtube) the most effective.
Now I recently read an article from Michelle Phan on how to make thin hair look thicker.
Her first tip was using thickening shampoo and conditioner. She also advises not to use too much of conditioner. This'll make your hair look heavy and greasy.
Also try to let your hair air dry as much as possible. Michelle also gives a blow dry trick, but I'm actually really against using heat on your hair. It may look good, but it'll dry out your hair a lot. Thereby, if you air dry your hair the right way, you'll get exactly the same effect.
You can also use a bit of volume mousse. I'm personally also not really a fan of this, because it always makes my hair a bit greasy afterwards and I'm rarely really happy with the effect.
Also, never sleep with wet hair. This'll make your hair look even more flat. It's better to let it dry a little bit and then try some sort of no heat curls.

xoxo
Maia

No comments:

Post a Comment