Saturday 14 March 2015

Does Vaseline Grow Your Lashes?



Hi,

In our post all about Vaseline we already mentioned that Vaseline grows your lashes. But today I, Femke, want to go a bit more into this subject.

When I first heard Vaseline could grow your lashes I was trilled. My lashes are naturally black, so if I just could make them grow longer I wouldn't even have to wear mascara anymore! But before I bought some Vaseline, I did some research. Because it wouldn't be the first time people say something works when it actually doesn't. In many reviews I read that Vaseline really grows your lashes. But in other reviews I read that people were against Vaseline, because it consists petroleum, which is a chemical product. And chemical products are very bad for your body. That made me a bit scared, but I still really wanted to try it out.

A year ago I bought a little container of the classic Vaseline. And now, a year later I can share my thoughts about Vaseline with you. The little container is still half full, so Vaseline lasts a very long time. What I did is put some Vaseline on my fingers and rub it in my lashes. I daily did this every morning. This already made my lashes look a lot longer, so I used it instead of mascara.

But did it make my lashes grow any longer? Yes, in the first week I already saw some progress. And after two months my lashes were noticeable longer, thicker and healthier. But after that, I didn't notice many changes... It kind of stopped growing.

My conclusion is that when you have dry lashes and you use Vaseline, they will grow. But there will always be a limit. Just like hair, you can't grow it forever. And this is different for every person. With some people Vaseline will make there lashes grow a lot longer, but with other people not. So I suggest you try it out to see if it works out for you!

Alo I would like to say that Vaseline isn't that bad for you because it's chemical, otherwise my lashes would have fallen off, haha. ;) Maybe petroleum is not the usual beauty product, but it does moisturize your skin (and lashes) a lot!

xoxo
Femke

No comments:

Post a Comment