Sunday 30 August 2015

Lookbook: Our First Day of School Look

Hi,

Only a few days until the first day of school! We're both not looking forward to it, but a great outfit can brighten up your day a lot! And admit it, wether you need to make a good first impression or not, looks are important. Since it's pretty hard to pick out a perfect first schoolday look, we want to inspire you with our looks!


Maia's Look:



I decided to go for a rather casual-chic look. I wanted to wear my new shirt that I got from Mango. I think it looks very chic and boho. The weather isn't going to be that good, but I hope this'll be warm enough. I'm going to combine it with my leggings from Zara. These also look chic, but are very comfortable at the same time, and I think that's a very important part of your first schoolday look. Also I like the combination of the loose shirt and tight pants. To make it all look a bit more casual, I'll wear my vintage Marco Polo sneakers. It was a very hard decision what shoes to wear with this outfit, but since these are my favorite shoes at the moment, that seemed like a good choice to me. I'll have to wash them a little before tuesday though... Until last week they were never worn and they already look like this :o



As for a schoolbag I'm going to take my new bag from Primark with me. I'm not sure all my school stuff fits into it, but I'm pretty sure it won't be such a drama when I don't have everything with me on the first day.

Femke's look:


I chose to wear this very colourful and summery outfit on the first day of school. For me, chosing my outfit for the first schoolday is always a struggle. Because you want to stand out (but not to much) and you basically want to impress all the new people and all the people you haven't seen in a while.
This year I had no idea what I was going to wear, until yesterday: I went shopping in Antwerp and found this super cute sweater covered with pineapples in H&M and I knew I had to wear this sweater on the first day of school. The weather isn't going to be great, but also not that bad. This sweater is perfect for a colder summerday. The bright colours make me stand out and also make me look a lot more tanned than I actually am (which is what we all want after the summer holidays!).
Since the weather isn't going to be very warm, I chose to wear my highwaisted jeans of Pull & Bear with this outfit. They are bright bleu, which makes this look again a lot brighter and summery.
And for shoes I am going to wear these colourful striped espadrilles I bought in Forever 21. They tie the whole look together.
This outfit sounds very thought-through, but it doesn't look like it which is what I'm all about!



For jewellery I went for my standard ring collection. I love wearing lots of rings and I think this little collection looks great together.
I also chose to wear a pair of earrings I once bought in H&M. They are a bit more chic looking and make this outfit less childish and more grown-up-looking. Not that they make that huge difference, but still...



Since in my school we don't actually have lessons yet on the first day of the year, I don't need to bring a huge backpack, so I'm just going to bring my Longchamp backpack with me. This wouldn't fit all my schoolstuff, but it does fit all I need for that day, so it's perfect. I love this backpack and I bring it almost everywhere with me. I think it looks very hipster-like and cute, so I thought it would look great with this outfit aswell.

xoxo
Femke & Maia

No comments:

Post a Comment