Saturday 1 August 2015

Tortoiseshell Hair

tortise shell hair the beauty department

Hi,

Altough I never color my hair I couldn't help noticing this beautiful trend in hair coloring this summer: the tortoiseshell hair. Since ombre has been around for way too long now, the new trend is a variation on it. There's still a darker color at the root, combined with golden highlights at the ends, but the difference is that the change between these colors is less 'drastic'. There isn't a real line between the dark and the light color, which was the thing I didn't like about the ombre technique. It also uses more than one shade of blonde or light brown, so that it looks more like your hair has been lightened by the sun. The difference with normal highlights is that this hairstyle still leaves all of your roots in your natural hair color while the lighter colors start in about the middle of your hair, but all at another lenght to avoid that kind of line you have with ombre.
I prefer this to the previous ombre trend, because it gives your hair this natural, healthy look. It's also a bit complex though and I've also seen some people who did it all wrong.. But I think if you let your hairdresser try it for you, there isn't a lot of change you go wrong with it.

xoxo
Maia

Sources: Thebeautydepartment.com, Weekendknack.be

No comments:

Post a Comment