Sunday 26 July 2015

Maia's Lookbook: A Simple Outfit


Hi,

Today I went to meet a friend of mine in our favorite little café in Leuven. I was really happy because it had been a while since we saw each other, but my mood was a bit ruined by the weather. It was a bit cold and very rainy today. I was a really disapointed because I was already getting used to the sunny, warm wheater this summer and I always love to show of with my summer clothes, especially since I bought a bunch of new pieces at the sales this month. But since I didn't get a chance to wear them today, I tried to make the best of it wearing this outfit:



I decided to wear my boyfriend jeans from Garcia. I'm really glad I have these, because they're really comfy but look good at the same time and besides they're of great quality. I loathe it when my jeans start to wear out, because I find it rather hard to find a good fitting pair. So this time I got a pair of jeans from a better brand (usually I get mine at H&M, Bershka and stores like that). But okay, back to todays outfit. I combined my jeans with a tight fitting black shirt with long sleeves. It's a very basic shirt and usually I'm not that fond of basic pieces but this one, from H&M, has been a great purchase. It fits perfectly and I love the elegant neckline. Black usually doesn't look that good on me because I naturally have a very pale skin and it makes my skin look even paler, but since we had a few sunny days earlier I've tanned a bit, so now I can pull it off just fine.



A little close up of my choice of jewelry for today. The main reason I kept my look this simple is so that I could wear a lot of jewelry. The three necklaces are from H&M (I mentioned them before in a shoplog) and they look great when layered. The gold looks very bright on my black shirt, which makes the jewelry even more eye catching. The three thin bracelets are from New Look and the larger one is vintage.



To complete my outfit I picked out my black heels to wear underneath it. They're from H&M and I love how they make all of my outfits look so much more put together. They're not very comfortable to walk with, but since all I had to do today was sitting down and drinking smoothies, it didn't bother me. ;)

Hope I inspired you with my  sunday look. This is one of my favorite outfits to wear because it's pretty simple, but kind of special at the same time. I love the combination of my black heels and my oversized jeans and the tight black shirt makes the whole a bit more elegant and feminine.

xoxo
Maia

No comments:

Post a Comment