Friday 26 September 2014

500th Post: Our Real Names Release + Fashion/Beauty Q&A

Hi,

This is a very special post, because it's our 500th post! That's why we wanted to do something a bit more special too. We are going to release our real names and we're going to do a fashion/beauty Q&A so you guys can find out a bit more abouts us personally.

Something you don't know is that Farah and Mary aren't our real names(they aren't typical Dutch either as you may have noticed). We made them up, because we wanted to keep this blog anonymous and we still will. But from now on you can call us instead of Farah and Mary: Femke and Maia. Femke looks maybe a bit weird for all the non-Dutch-speaking-people out there, because it's a typical Dutch name. So if you like to call her still Farah, that's cool for us too. But Maia shouldn't really be a problem. That means that our blog name and web adress are going to change in 'Fashion with Femke & Maia' and http://femkeandmaia.blogspot.be/. But to give you some time we will change that next friday. So keep that in your mind. Also we changed the name of our We Heart It account in Femke and Maia.

Now it's time for the Q&A. So here are some fashion and beauty related questions and we will both answer them:

What is your favourite clothing store? 
Maia: I really can't pick one, because I get my clothes from kind of everywhere :) But lately I buy most of my clothes at Bershka and Pull & Bear. Most things there are affordable, but still more special than at H&M or Pimkie.
Femke: I have way to many. I really love H&M and Zara. But if I really have to pick one favourite I would probably pick Brandy Melville. Because there clothes are made of such a good quality, it's not expensive and I almost love all the clothes they sell.

Who is your fashion icon? 
Maia: Probably Alessandra Ambrosio, a Brazillian model. You've probably already noticed that we made a lot of spotted-posts about her. :) She manages to look very chic, altough she mostly wears kind of basic outfits. Her clothes are from famous and expencive brands, of course, but her style is easy to recreate with affordable look-alikes.
Femke: Mine is Alex Centomo, she is instagram famous and she also is a youtuber. So go check her out. I would just want to steal whole her wardrobe. Almost all her clothes are from Brandy Melville, so you might know why I love her style so much. Also she has the most dreamy hair ever.

What do you do with your hair on badhairdays? 
Maia: I have a lot of bad hair days, because my hair really has no volume :( I braid my hair almost every day, because this way it looks special but I can still hide how bad it looks. I mostly go on WeHeartIt for inspiration, because I don't want my hair to look the same every day and there are so many different braid to try out!
Femke: I'm really loving the half-up top knot lately, especially on bad hair days. Because when my hair is a bit more greasy this hairstyle will stay a lot better. Also when my hair is very frizzy I like to do half-up hairstyles, because my hair is very thin and when I normally do a hairstyle like this I wouldn't have much hair left over, but when my hair is frizzy it looks a lot better.

What is you favourite color to wear? 
Maia: I wear a lot of brown, because I love how natural and chic that color can look. But I actually have clothes in almost every color. The only color I really hate is orange. :)
Femke: I actually love to wear almost all the colors, but my most worn colors are black and white. And out of these two I like white the most, because white makes my skin a lot tanner.

What are your favourite type of shoes? 
Maia: Definitely ancle boots. I wear them the whole year round, even in summer. They're really comfortable and they look good with almost every outfit.
Femke: At this point I would say they are the slip-on sneakers, because they are so comfy and sportive, but depending on the shoe it can be very chic and feminine. In the winter my favourite type of shoes will probably be the wedge sneakers, because they're also very comfy but will still give you that height you like. And again they are sportive, but can still look very feminine.

If you could only keep one beauty item for your entire life, what would it be? 
Maia: I would keep Vaseline. It sounds weird, but vaseline is actually really a must-have. I use it for both my lips and my eye-lashes and it makes a huge difference.
Femke: Than I will definitely choose to keep Labello. If you follow us for a while you will probably already know that I'm a bit addicted to Labello. I use it all the time and not only on my lips. On dry spots too, it's very moisturizing.

And if you could only keep one makeup item for your entire life, what would it be?
Maia: I'd keep my Maybelline Volum Express Mascara. My eye-lashes are really thin and short, so I never leave my house without wearing mascara :o And Maybelline mascara is just the best there is :) It's not too sticky or dry, but has a beautiful effect.
Femke: I would keep my Bourjois BB cream that I ones reviewed. It's my actual favourite bb cream ever. It has a high coverage like foundation, it's matte(which I prefer over a dewy finish) and feels very light. But unfortunately it's very expensive. Well, it's not that expensive but it runs out very fast which makes it expensive. But if I would only keep one product that wouldn't really be a problem anymore, right? ;) And I choose for a bb cream, because I like to have my base to cover up any blemishes.

What is your favourite parfum? 
Maia: Flower by Kenzo. It smells fresh, but still chic. I actually love all the Kenzo parfumes.
Femke: Mine is Daisy by Marc Jacobs, I just really love that scent.

xoxo
Maia & Femke

No comments:

Post a Comment